Chapter 1 – Information to Information Technology - Multiple Choice Question Answers
Autor: wong12345 • November 27, 2016 • Business Plan • 2,113 Words (9 Pages) • 45 Views
CHAPTER 1 – INFORMATION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Information Technology (IT) is ___________________
A. the buying and selling of products and services by businesses and consumers over the Internet.
B. the collection and management of information from one or more sources and the distribution of that information to one or more audiences.
C the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of information systems
D. comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling a business or effort with regards to achieving an objective
- Which are the following is NOT a computer’s hardware?
A. system unit
D. memory unit
- ____________ allows the parts of a computer to work together by performing tasks like transferring data between memory and disks or rendering output onto a display device.
- Microprocessor C. Device firmware
- Operating System D. Application software
- Two types of secondary storage devices more often used on personal computers are __________________.
- RAM and hard disks
- Main memory and hard disk
- Floppy disks and hard disks
- Arithmetic and control unit
- Which of the following statement is TRUE?
- Microsoft Windows 95 features support of internet and multimedia and improved networking, security and corporate management capabilities.
- Operating System (OS) for Macintosh computer used in high-end workstations and servers.
- 4th generation programming language can be employed directly by end user or less skilled programmers to develop computer applications more rapidly than conventional programming languages.
- A translator translates source code into machine code called object code
- Which of the following is the biggest difference between the DOS operating system and the Windows operating system?
- Basic functions
- The type of computer used
- The basis of the user interface
- Companies producing software
- A __________ is a small program that tells the operating system how to communicate with a specific device.
- performance monitor
- TWO (2) types of primary storage usually used in personal computer are _________.
- pen drive and hard disk
- random access memory (RAM) and read only memory (ROM)
- hard disk and compact disk (CD)
- monitor and printer
- All of the following are examples of stand-alone or single-user operating systems EXCEPT __________.
- MS DOS and MS Windows 3.x
- Mac OS and OS/2 Warp
- MS Windows 2000 Professional and MS Windows Millennium Edition
- Novell NetWare and MS Windows 2000 Server
- Which of the following is not an input device?
- Touch Screen
- Optical Scanners
- Touch Pad
- Mouse Pad
CHAPTER 2 – INTERNET
- Which of the following is a TRUE statement?
- We can even talk over the phone through the internet with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
- Mosaic was the first web browser used to upload and download files from one computer to another.
- Web publishing is software that enables people to communicate in real time.
- FTP is a facility to transfer files between computers that connected to internet
- A repository for messages posted from many users in different location to be used for discussion is best known as a(n) __________.
- social networking
- instant messaging
- electronic mail
- _______refers to company that provides internet facilities.
- Post Office Protocol (POP)
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Internet Explorer, Google’s Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are example of ________.
A. instant messaging
B. web browsers
C. search engines
D. web pages
- A ____________ is a collection of individual web pages that are linked to one another.
- web application
- web server
- web site
- web client
- Web site can be developed using TWO (2) ways which are __________.
- write machine code and web tools
- write HTML code and web tools
- write WWW code and write HTML code
- write computer code and used computer devices
- Each document on the website is called a web __________, which can contain text, graphics, audio, and video.
- Which one of these is not the protocol used by electronic mail messaging?
- What is the main contribution made by Advance Research Agency in Internet Development?
- Developing web browser which can retrieve database from different computers.
- Developing protocol for sending data within different computers.
- Developing Internet network for connecting several computers.
- Developing most popular browser, “Netscape Communicator
10. E-mail messages can include the following files as an attachment EXCEPT ________.
C. audio clip
D. video clip
CHAPTER 3 – WORD PROCESSING
- Which of the following is NOT a font style?
- AutoCorrect was originally designed to replace _________ words as you type.
A. Short, repetitive
B. Grammatically incorrect
D. None of the above
- For MS Word 2013, portrait and landscape functions are for adjusting the ________.
A. page orientation