AllFreePapers.com - All Free Papers and Essays for All Students
Search

Alcohol Is Not the Answer

Autor:   •  March 16, 2011  •  Term Paper  •  609 Words (3 Pages)  •  1,150 Views

Page 1 of 3

Alcohol is also classified as a drug. It acts as a depressant. When it goes into the stomach 20 percent is absorbed into the blood stream by small vessels. The other 80 percent goes to the small intestine then absorbed into the blood stream. When alcohol is consumed in large amounts for a long time it can hurt the body. The organ that breaks down the alcohol is the liver. The organ that breaks down the alcohol is the liver. Over drinking can cause a person to have cirrhosis, which is buildup of scar tissue that changed the structure of the liver and locks the blood flow. Cirrhosis can cause varicose veins that can rupture and trigger internal bleeding. People who a lot are more common to have pneumonia and lung collapse. They also have more pulmonary infections. Alcohol effects several parts of the brain. It contracts brain tissue and deresses the central nervous system. Alcohol kills many brain cells, which they do not regenerate. After drinking for a long period of time, it can cause problems with memory. Drinking can also cause high blood pressure, heart failure, and heart disease. Binge drinking can cause a person to have irregular hear beats. Heavy drinking can cause kidney failure. It can also influence the balancing functions of the kidneys, which can cause sever consequences on the kidney functions .Alcohol can also damage the intestines and the cells lining the stomach, it can block the absorption and breakdown of nutrients in those organs. It induces gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach lining, ulcers and acid reflux. If your exposed to alcohol for a long period of time it can erode the stomach lining and cause chronic blood seepage into the stomach. A vessel can rupture and cause major bleeding. Arthritis and osteporosis can be advanced by alcohol. Alcohol can lead to muscle atrophy, which can cause weakness and sharp pain. Alcohol affects the hormonal production, In men it means that the production of sperm and testosterone is affected and

...

Download as:   txt (3.4 Kb)   pdf (60.1 Kb)   docx (10.8 Kb)  
Continue for 2 more pages »