Promotional Activities Task Sheet
Autor: viki • December 1, 2011 • Essay • 734 Words (3 Pages) • 819 Views
Applied A2 level Business
Vocational Unit 10 Unit Title PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
How you will be assessed
• You need to acquire core knowledge of how businesses combine promotional activities, such as advertising and personal selling, into a promotional mix and of how these choices are vital to the success of a promotional campaign.
• You will need to consider how promotional activities are designed to alter customer attitudes, and investigate how the cost of promotional activities affects the final choice of promotional activities.
What you need to produce
You need to produce a plan of a promotional campaign, working within an allocated budget, for a new or existing business, which:
A. (A01) Explains the main objectives of the promotion campaign, the range of promotional activities available to the business and the characteristics of the targeted customers.
B. (A02) Explains how the campaign's promotional mix and timings and costs of promotional activities are designed to achieve the campaign's objectives.
C. (A03) Analyses the following research to develop the campaign plan: customer attitudes:; the AIDA model; available business resources.
D. (A04) Evaluates the suitability of the campaign's promotional mix, based on an assessment of: the ability of the campaign to achieve its objectives; customer attitudes; the cost of the promotional activities compared with available resources.
Task 1 (A01) Deadline 18th July 2007
To identify a new or existing business where a promotional plan could either improve consumer demand or generate consumer demand, giving a brief description of the business:
• what the business provides (products/services)
• the size of the business
• a realistic budget figure that could be gained for the promotional campaign
(This will need to be a real business and an interview with the owner will need to be arranged – keep interview notes for appendices)
Task 2 (A01) Deadline 21st September 2007
To outline the main objectives that your chosen business would look to achieve by running an advertising campaign, focusing and expanding on the following areas:
• customer awareness
• image of the business
• generating/increasing sales
• customer loyalty