AllFreePapers.com - All Free Papers and Essays for All Students
Search

Horizontal and Vertical Analysis

Autor:   •  May 17, 2017  •  Exam  •  2,320 Words (10 Pages)  •  86 Views

Page 1 of 10

HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL ANALYSIS

2015 Compared to 2014

FINANCIAL POSITION ANALYSIS

ASSETS:

Current Assets of Robinson’s Retail Holdings Inc. increased by 89 million or 0.38% in 2015 from 23.71 billion in 2014 to 23.80 billion in 2015. The current asset is 36.53% of the company’s total asset in 2015 which is decreased by 4.63% of 2014’s 41.16% current asset. The decrease was due to:

  • Cash and Cash equivalents in 2015 is declined by 212 million or 2.1% from 9.96 billion in 2014 to 9.75 billion in 2015. Cash and cash equivalent is 14.97% of company’s total assets in 2015 with a loss of 2.33% from 17.30% in 2014.
  • Short term investments dropped to 1.84 billion or 99.6%in 2015 from 1.85 billion in 2014 to 7 million in 2015 which contributed a great effect on the total asset of the company. Short term investment in the total asset of the company is 0.01% in 2015 which totally decreased to 3.19% of 3.20% in 2014.
  • Prepayments subside to 17 million or 13.84% in 2015 from 128 million in 2014 to110 million in 2015. The prepayments in 2015 of the organization’s total asset is 0.17%

Cash and cash equivalents and short term investment and prepayment caused the current asset to decrease in 2015 but then, due to the increase in trade and other receivables, merchandise inventories and other current assets, the total current assets of 2015 surpassed the total current assets of 2014 by 89 billion or 38%.

Trade and other receivables were increased by 244 million or 15.97% in 2015 from 1.52 billion in 2014 to 1.73 billion in 2015. Trade and other receivables in 2015 of the total asset of the firm is 2.72%

Merchandise Inventories is increased by 1.58 billion or 17.59% in 2015 from 8.99 billion in 2014 to 10.57 billion in 2015.  Merchandise inventories are 16.23% in 2015’s total asset of the company, a decrease of 1% from 15.64% of 2014.

The other current assets such as input value added tax (VAT)-net, creditable withholding taxes, prepayments and others are increased by 321 million or 23.50% in 2015 from 1.36 billion in 2014 to 1.68 billion in 2015. Other current assets are 2.59% in 2015.

Noncurrent Assets of Robinson’s Retail Holding Inc. rose to 7.57 billion or 22.42% in 2015 from 33.78 billion in 2014 to 41.35 billion in 2015. The noncurrent asset of the total asset of the company in 2015 is 63.47% which increased to 4.71% of 58.76% in 2014.

Available for sale (ASF) Financial Assets increased by 1.79 billion or 10.12% in 2015 from 17.71 billion in 2014 to 19.51 billion in 2015. The Available for sale (ASF) Financial Asset of the total asset of the company in 2015 is 29.94%.

Property and equipment went up to 1.49 billion or 15.45% in 2015 from 9.65 billion in 2014 to 11.14 billion in 2015. The property and equipment is 7.11% of the total assets in 2015.

...

banners.3
Download as:   txt (13.5 Kb)   pdf (182.4 Kb)   docx (344.7 Kb)  
Continue for 9 more pages »