Business / Interernal Scanning
Autor: camellia 27 October 2011
Words: 1876 | Pages: 8
Step 3: Environmental Scanning
• How do we evaluate the scope of our operations and primary competitors?
• What industry forces work for and against us? What strategic group are we in, and what are the mobility barriers?
• Whom do we serve and who has a stake in our actions? What are their needs and requirements?
• What major products and services do we provide these stakeholders?
• How do we provide these products and services?
• How can we improve these products and services?
• Based on the above, do you think stakeholder support will remain about the same?
• Based on the above, what is the scenario for the future?
Step 4: Strategy Evaluation
• What business(es) should we be in to add shareholder value? What is our generic business strategy? How about our international strategy?
• How do you evaluate this current strategy?
• What really makes the difference between success and failure in our business? What are the industry key success factors?
• Is the strategy consistent with the foregoing analysis?
• Is the strategy consistent with desired risk, available resources, and timing?
Step 5: Administrative Considerations
• What is the role of headquarters? How are we creating a "learning organization"?
• How are our value-creating activities organized? How should we measure and re-organize these processes?
• What kind of structure characterizes our organization?
• In what ways and in what directions do our systems focus people’s attention and energy?
• What are the guiding concepts or fundamental ideas around which we have built our organization?
• What are the basic management characteristics in this organization?
• Describe our approach to human resource management.
• To what extent do the above structure, systems, and processes uniquely reinforce and support our strategy?
• Can we change and transform the organization?
Step 6: Action Planning
• Which activities will enhance our organization’s performance?
• What are the planning premises?
• What a...